Ph.D., Stanford University, 1982
- B.S., University of Alberta, 1977
Scientific Computing, Nonlinear Programming, Statistical
Computing and Optimal Control.
- David Kahaner and Cleve Moler, and Stephen G. Nash, Numerical Methods and Software, (with ), Prentice-Hall (1989).
- Stephen G. Nash and Ariela Sofer, Linear and Nonlinear Programming McGraw-Hill (1996).
- Stephen G. Nash (editor), A History of Scientific Computing, Addison-Wesley (1990).
- Stephen G. Nash and Ariela Sofer (editors), The Impact of Emerging Technologies on Computer Science and Operations Research, Kluwer Academic Publishers (1994).
- Selected Recent Articles
- Professional Activities
- Editor, Education Department, Computers in Science & Engineering (2002-present)
- Associate Editor, Journal of the American Statistical Association (1990-1996)
- Member of Editorial Board, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing (1991-1998)
- Board of Directors, ACM SIGNUM (1993-1999)
- Selected Professional Awards
- National Science Foundation 1983, 1984, 1991, 1994, 1998
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research 1985
- Center for Innovative Technology 1989